Why Become a Clinical Faculty Member?
As a Clinical Faculty member, you become an integral part of the Department of OS&OT to support excellence in teaching, research and governance. You can provide valuable feedback on current clinical issues to academic programs, and assist in the development and integration of academic material into clinical practice.
Most importantly, as Clinical Faculty members, you will have the opportunity to provide students with outstanding role models of professional and community involvement, rehabilitation research and clinical practice, and demonstrate a shared commitment to continuing education and lifelong learning.
Perks of Being a Clinical Faculty Member
- Personal Satisfaction: Contribute to the profession and shape your future colleagues
- Professional Development: Develop new and existing instructor skills and strengthen your clinical skills.
- UBC Library: Access to the second largest medical library collection in Canada, including online journals. Access is also available at home.
- Workshops/Course Discounts: Attend a variety of life sciences workshops, receive decreased rates on all UBC-sponsored continuing medical education courses and free faculty development courses.
- UBC Card: Grants you access to UBC Library services and vendor discounts at the bookstore, aquatic centre, fitness facilitaties and the UBC food services bonus plan.
- Computer Software: Educational pricing on software through the UBC Bookstore.
- Travel Benefits: Access to an established travel program that allows BC government travel rates and university affiliated rates.
- Airport Parking: Save 25% at Park and Fly at the Vancouver International Airport.
- UBC Botanical Gardens: Free membership.
- UBC Museum of Anthropology: Free membership.
Clinical Faculty members living on Vancouver Island, the Interior, or in Northern BC are eligible for additional privileges associated with the University of Victoria, UBCO, and the University of Northern British Columbia.
How to Become a Clinical Faculty Member
Please download the Application for Clinical Faculty Appointment Form and submit this, via email, to Department Email Account (email@example.com). Please note we require an original signature on page 3 under the “Declaration,” and a copy of your valid COTBC card.
If applying for a rank other than a clinical instructor, please see our additional resources page.
Applications will be reviewed by the Department of OS&OT’s Clinical Faculty Committee and recommendations will be made to the Dean as appropriate.