All test scores must be distributed to the program by the applicant no later than January 15; scores from the last available test date for UBC MOT will be considered eligible even if they are released by Altus after the application deadline.
Released scores will not appear under applicant’s “Test Scores” section; individual test score confirmations will not be conducted. If your Altus Suite portal indicates that scores have been sent, our program will receive them.
Please note that there are a limited number of CASPer test dates and times to choose from, and that the Snapshot is not a required component of our application.
Altus Suite – admissions assessments of non-cognitive skills
All applicants applying to the Master of Occupational Therapy program, at the University of British Columbia are required to complete an online assessment, to assist with our selection process for every Application Cycle.
How to Complete Altus Suite (formerly named the CASPer Test)
In order to take Altus Suite, you will be responsible for securing access to a laptop or desktop computer with webcam and audio capabilities. You will require the following for both account creation and completing Altus Suite:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Valid email address (the same one you will use to submit your application)
- Working webcam
- Working microphone
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
How to Sign Up:
- Please go to www.TakeAltus.com to sign up for Altus Suite for Canadian Professional Health Sciences (CSP-10201 – Canadian Professional Health Sciences), under your specific country, and register using your UBC Student # (or phone number if you are not a UBC student) and a piece of government-issued photo ID.
- Select a Casper test date. You will be provided with a limited number of testing dates and times. Please note that these are the only testing dates available for your Casper test. There will be no additional tests scheduled. Please use an email address that you check regularly and that you have used for your application; there may be updates to the test schedule.
- Important: To account for identity verification and payment processing timeline, ensure that you register for your test at least 3 days before your preferred test date and time. Last-minute bookings are not recommended.
- Ensure you have selected “Master of Occupational Therapy” for distribution before the posted Distribution Deadline. Likely, there will be no additional tests scheduled, but the most up to date information can be found by browsing the Test Dates and Times on TakeAltus.com.
- Please direct any inquiries on Altus Suite to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may use the chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of your screen on the TakeAltus.com website.
Accommodations: If you require testing accommodations for Altus Suite you will need to submit the Accommodations Request Form signed by you and your qualified professional 3 weeks in advance of your desired test date. More information regarding accommodations can be found here.
The Casper test comprises 12 sections of video and written scenarios. Following each scenario, you will be required to answer a set of probing questions under a time contract. The test typically takes between 75-90 minutes to complete. Each response is graded by a different rater, giving a very robust and reliable view of personal and professional characteristics important to our program. No studying is required for Casper, although you may want to familiarize yourself with the test structure at TakeAltus.com, and ensure you have a quiet environment to take the test. We strongly urge you to take advantage of the 12-section practice test, which will not only immerse you in the test environment but will also ensure you meet the technical requirements to access and complete the test.
Casper test results are valid for one admissions cycle. Applicants who have already taken the test in previous years will therefore be expected to re-take it.
For a more detailed look at the Casper test, please see this video.