We have a dedicated Student Service support unit to assist you through your Master of Occupational Therapy program. Contact your friendly Student Services Manager with any questions or suggestions.
MOT Student Awards
We have a number of department awards, scholarships and bursaries that are available to Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) students. The application deadline is typically in June.
For a list of UBC-wide general awards, scholarships, and bursaries, please visit the UBC Awards page.
The Academic and Financial Awards Package includes details of each award, scholarship and bursary, alongside the criteria upon which the award decision is based.
- Academic and Financial Awards Package (released in Spring 2023)
- Instructions and sample CV
- (5613) Janet Louise Berryman Scholarship in Medicine
- (4129) Sarah Brabyn Memorial Service Award
- (4133) OTDBASE Distant Fieldwork Award in Occupational Therapy
- (7671) Rehabilitation Sciences Award
- (7971) University of British Columbia Rehabilitation Sciences Alumni Bursary
- UBC MOT Student Legacy Bursary
Occupational Therapy Student Society (OTSS)
The UBC OTSS is a student-run, collaborative and inclusive group where fellow students work to foster occupational therapy community, act as change agents, and enhance further ways of knowing through an occupation-based lens.
Find out more and keep in touch via the OTSS Instagram.
Take on a role in the OTSS
All occupational therapy students are able to join the society. Volunteers are elected each year for the following roles:
- Academic Representative
- Class Representative
- Professional Associations Representative
- Interprofessional Liaison
- Health and Wellness Representatives
- Social Representatives
- Community Engagement Team
- Grad Photo/Yearbook Coordinators
- Student Orientation and Seaview Lounge Representatives
- Rehab Rounds Coordinators
- Grad Representatives
Benefits of the OTSS
“I didn’t think I would have time to actively volunteer throughout my Masters program, OTSS provided me with a space to fulfill this desire in a less demanding way”Community Engagement Member
“Being involved in OTSS has made me feel more connected to my classmates and has offered me a sense of community.”Vice-President
“It’s so exciting to know that you can make a direct impact on the incoming MOT students by facilitating a welcoming and inclusive environment, even before their first day of MOT!”Student Orientation and Seaview Representatives Member
Resources & Links
Mistreatment Help: If you feel that you have experienced or witnessed mistreatment or have concerns about your learning environment, we encourage you to report it.
Awards, Scholarships and Bursaries
Occupational Therapy Resources
MOT Program Fees
Pay online for MOT program fees, including tuition deposits, and out-of-province fees. These fees apply to current students only.
A couple of key resources relating to graduation:
Stay connected once you graduate. When registering for graduation, make sure to apply for alumni membership. You can then download the alumni app for instant access to thousands of journals, library access and more.