We have revamped our fieldwork education workshop into a digitized online curriculum with eight modules, which are designed to help you:
- Plan, implement and enjoy a clinical experience for a student
- Describe the UBC Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) enter-to-practice curriculum
- Differentiate between a number of learning and supervisory styles
- Identify the role of objectives in planning a clinical learning experience
- Select strategies which will contribute to effective student evaluation
- Define the purpose and use of the Competency-Based Fieldwork Evaluation for Occupational Therapists (CBFE-OT) and its relationship to objectives
- Identify feedback strategies and become comfortable with giving and receiving feedback
These modules align with the content in the Fieldwork Educators’ Manual. Explore the online modules alongside the manual.
To access each module, simply click on the icon below and ensure your speakers are on, as Donna Drynan, our Academic Fieldwork Coordinator, will be guiding you through the material in the manual.
Module 2: UBC MOT Curriculum
Module 3: Evaluation Form and Processes
Module 4: Learning Objectives
Module 5: Learning & Teaching Approaches
Module 6: Planning the Clinical Experience
Module 7: Communication & Feedback
Module 8: Summary & Thank You
Your feedback is greatly appreciated
We want to know what you think about the new format! Your feedback will directly impact the curriculum and enrich resources for future educators.
If there is something that you feel is missing or, if you found the modules useful – we want to know. We are continually looking to improve our support of fieldwork education and are very open to suggestions.